The 2nd Monday in January is National Clean Off Your Desk Day.? That’s a good thing because the average office worker spends 2000 hours per year at the desk. ??Make that space easier to use with these simple decluttering tips.
1. Gather items that you use most frequently and store them within easy reach of your usual seated position. This can include key current work files.
2. Place items that you use less frequently outside this area so they don?t clutter your work area, but they should still be easily accessible.
3. Consider getting rid of things you rarely use, storing them outside your office, or stashing them farther away from your desk to save your ?prime real estate? for the most-used supplies.
4. File away past projects and those that won’t be worked until far off into the future. Remember to get rid of anything outdated or unneeded. Clutter breeds chaos .
5. Discover more space by looking up, down, and inside: Stash supplies in a plastic storage bin under your desk, install shelving above your desk for binders and literature boxes, and hide clutter in attractive boxes and bins.
Your decluttered desk doesn’t have to be completely empty but you should be able to find the supplies and files you need quickly.? Also you should have enough open flat space to spread out a small project and work on it.